T & Cs
Race Terms and Conditions
This is a multi-terrain event and all competitors enter at their own risk. While medical assistance is provided for the duration of the event, by St John’s Ambulance, no liability will be accepted by Llantwit Major 10K and private land owners or individual race organisers for any injury incurred by entering this race.
Pictures and video footage may be used on the race website or that of our sponsors and in advertising material and media write-ups. All competitors entering the 10K or fun run agree to their photograph being used for these purposes.
On the day of the races, participants must be 15 years or over for the 10K Run. It is a condition of entry that all competitors agree to the terms and conditions as set out on the race website.
It is recommended that you prepare and train for this event. www.runnersmedicalresource.com has guidance. Please consult your doctor for a check-up if you have not exercised for some time. If you have a medical condition it must be detailed on the reverse of your race number provided. We strongly advise you seek medical advice before participating in this event and you disclose to those medical advisors the nature of this event.
For reasons of safety:
No entries are permissible from participants on bikes, roller skates, with pushchairs, dogs or any kind of mechanical aid.
By signing up to this event you have already agreed to the following:
“I agree to abide by the rules of Welsh Athletics and the event. I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself prior to, during or after the event. I understand the organisers reserve the right to delay, postpone, cancel or not officially time the race in the event of adverse weather conditions or other events outside the organisers control. The determination of what constitutes this is reserved solely to the Race Director. Photographs of the race will be taken for publicity purposes. I understand that my image may be used and give permission freely for it to be used. I understand that entrants under 18 years old require the permission of a parent or guardian to take part in the event. I agree to my personal information being used as described below.”
Personal information handling in accordance with Data Protection Act (1998)
We take privacy issues seriously and want to be open about the way personal information you provide when you enter our races is collected and used. We use the personal information you give us to keep you informed about race arrangements, to develop and enhance our event, and inform you about future events. We are grateful to all our sponsors, without whom the race would not be possible.
The organisers have taken every step possible to ensure this is a fun, safe and enjoyable event. The race has been organised by and with the help of volunteers to raise money for charity. We hope you will take the run in the spirit in which it is intended. If however, you do have cause for complaint please would you direct it to the Race Director where a formal written complaint can be recorded and duly noted.
Race entries are not interchangeable. Entries cannot be assigned, transferred or sold to any third party and is therefore strictly prohibited.
In the event of the race(s) being cancelled monies are non-refundable and will be classed as a donation. However the Race Director will make every attempt to provide an alternative race date.
Accident and Illness Reporting:
In the event that you suffer illness or injury during the event, you are obliged to report it to the nearest marshal.
Withdrawal from Event: If you are unable to take part in the event, and you withdraw the monies for your entry will be donated to our supported charities.
Change of address:
You should notify the organisers of any change of address or contact details.
By email to: email@example.com
Changes to terms and conditions:
We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions at any time. Please check regularly for any changes, which will be immediately applied to your continued use of our websites.
16th May 2017 additional terms and conditions:
Filming and photography at the event
- By taking part or attending all participants, volunteers and spectators confirm that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken during their participation by Llantwit Major 10K (or our authorised service providers and agents) or by our authorised third party partners to be used by: (i) Llantwit Major 10K to publicise the event for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandising, personalised direct mail and other documents that may be made available to the public; and (ii) our third party partners to publicise their involvement and/or association with the event.
- No personal details (including names) of an under 16-year-old participant will be used in any publicity materials without the written consent of their parent or legal guardian, but we may use images where children are incidentally included e.g. Of mass participation in the warm-up exercises, or on the starting line.
- Subject to rule 2 above, by registering a participant under the age of 16 you confirm that your or the participant’s parent/legal guardian (as applicable) are happy for their images to be used in the manner described in these rules.
Llantwit Major 10K is committed to providing a safe environment for children/young people under the age of 18 to participate in our event. Essential to this commitment, is to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect children/young people from the inappropriate use of photographic images.
Llantwit Major 10K have adopted the following good practice guidelines :
- Through the use of the confirmation check box on the registration form, we will ask for the permission of young runners and their carers to take and use their image. If young runner is named, we will avoid using their photograph
- If a photograph is used, we will avoid naming the runner.
- We will never publish personal details (email addresses, telephone numbers, addresses etc) of a child/young person
- We will only authorise the use of images of players in suitable dress (tracksuit, race clothing i.e. T-shirt/shorts/skirt, off track clothing)
Use of photographic filming equipment at athletic events
Llantwit Major 10K will:
- Inform runners and parents that a photographer will be in attendance at the event and ensure they consent to both the taking and publication of films or photographs via the registration form check box.
- Require parents, spectators and authorised photographers to register at the event if they wish to use any photographic equipment including mobile phones with photographic technology.
- Issue an identification pass which must be worn and clearly visible at all times during the event
- Not allow unsupervised access to runners or one to one photo sessions at events
- Not approve/allow photo sessions outside the events or at a runners home
- Act on the concerns of any runner and parents regarding the inappropriate use of photographic equipment
- Ensure that any photographic images taken and used will be stored safely
- All participants and supporters must abide by the rules and any rules, instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the event by police and/or event officials.
- We respectfully ask that all participants and supporters do not use aggressive or abusive language towards our event organisers, marshals, officials, volunteers and other participants. You should also avoid behaving in a way which may cause injury or harm to other participants and/or spectators, or which may cause offence or damage the reputation of Llantwit Major 10K.
- We respectfully ask that all participants and supporters do not drop litter but instead use the litter and recycling facilities available within the venues and around the course or take litter home to dispose of responsibly.
- Any participant bringing a dog to an event must act in a responsible manner by making sure that:
The dog is kept on a lead, under close control at all times, and any usual equipment (muzzle / harness etc) used to control the dog is employed on the day.
The dog has a collar with a clearly identifiable tag.
Adequate water is supplied for the dog to keep them hydrated.
Any dog mess is cleaned up and disposed of responsibly.
- We reserve the right to ask participants and supporters to leave the event if they do not adhere to these rules, and no refunds shall be given in these circumstances.